7.12.2009

Be Still



I don't know about you but as summer is continuing, I am realizing how quickly it is going by. We are constantly going somewhere-to the lake, to the pool, to clean the apts and g-mas house, to the store, to meme's; I think you get the picture. Anyway, it seems as though there is never any time to sit down and BE STILL. I have been talking with my daughter about being still and knowing God more intimately. I realize that she is getting ready to hit some tough times in her life and that it is now that she needs to really grow closer to God as she will come to depend on Him more and more as she is growing up and becoming more independent. I know that He is the only way that she will get through those tough times and become a stronger person. Yet when I think about it I realize that I get so busy sometimes that I realize I haven't spent any time with my Savior. And even though I am grown I still need to spend time with Him so I can be the kind of person that He wants me to be. So I say all of this to say that if your life is anything like mine, please remember to take a little time every day to BE STILL and KNOW your Savior. It will be the best time of your day.

Ps. 46:10a: "Be still and know that I am God".

Duet. 4:29: "But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul".

3 comments:

  1. What an encouraging reminder. E has many good rolemodels around her to point her to Christ. I know she will do great work for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi - I am so glad I ran across your blog. This post, especially, is a wonderful reminder. How are you? I think about you often and hope things are well. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my baby is growing up, she has always made me so proud.

    ReplyDelete