5.09.2009

A Note To My Husband

This blog was something that I felt like I needed to do for Geoff.  At our wedding 12 years ago we had 13 grandmas (including grandmas and great grandmas), I had 1 of my grandpas and my step grandpa (which I consider my grandpa), and Geoff had both of his grandpas.  Needless to say we have been extremely blessed.  Since then I lost both of my great grandmas and one of my grandmothers.  Still 2 of these have been within the last couple of years.  Geoff however has lost both of his grandmas (both so closely together) and  tonight just lost one of his grandpas.  Words cannot describe the sorrow I feel for him.  It is so hard to loose any one but I know that as a Christian, God is always there to comfort us.  It reminds me of the song that says I will praise you in this storm. Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand, You've never left my side. And though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm.  So Geoff just know that I love you and that God loves you and that no matter what you have to go through in your life that you will never be alone.  And it should comfort you to know that papa is in a much better place now.  As I've heard it said before "this world is not my home".

1 comment: