6.21.2009

Father's Day



He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland


A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~Author Unknown


Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth

The word father carries with it so much responsibility. It means provider, protector, shelter, some one who will be there WHENEVER he is needed. Thank goodness I am a woman. I don't know that I could fill those shoes, yet Geoff does every day. He really and truly amazes me. He goes to work every day, goes to teach at OU Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and takes classes as well during that week. But as his week seems completely full, he manages somehow to pick his daughter up from school at lunchtime to take her to lunch, he is at every t-ball game that Hogan plays, he picks E up from art class, he spends countless hours on the front lawn with Hogan playing ball and practicing, and even manages to have a date night every week with me. And in the midst of all this, he still takes keeps his yard and his house immaculate. Wow! I know I could NEVER do all the things that he does. I so often take for granted all that he does for us. But the most important thing that he does for us as a family is he gives us a perfect example of God's love and faithfulness. He also manages to spend quiet time with God every evening and always encourages prayer for the family. The way he deals with his children when they are disobedient is incredible. I fly off the handle and go crazy, yet he seems somehow to remain calm and collected even when they are screaming their heads off (this doesn't happen very often). He will spend 30 minutes with E on the bed talking with her and telling her how proud of her he is. His wall at AI is peppered with drawings from the kids. I don't think I have ever seen some one so proud of their family. Anyway, I could go on and on but I think you get the gist of it. I am sooooo proud of Geoff as a father. But he is also my best friend and the best husband any woman could ever dream of. I love you honey and hope you have a wonderful Father's day because you deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks babe....I don't deserve you and the kids, I am so blessed and I love all of you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete